An Invitation to participate
A Call for Papers
‘African Youth Identity – Being African and from Africa’
We hereby invite you to submit a proposal (in the form of a 350 word abstract) from your context and from your research base – be that theological, historical, philosophical, quantitative, and qualitative or other research traditions. We really want to respect the interdisciplinary nature of our ministry. Add a short biography.
When you consider submitting an abstract, you may want to consider one of the following subthemes:
- Youth, theology and disability
- Agency of youth in Africa
- HIV and AIDS and youth in Africa
- Church silence on youth risk behaviour – substance abuse
- Implications of African culture on the church – sex and sexuality; morality; ethics
- Child and youth Trafficking and abuse – connection to poverty?
- Immigration and migration among African youth: opportunities and challenges
- Islamic radicalization among young men and the need for apologetics in youth ministry
Please send your submission no later than 28 February, 2018. Notification of acceptance will be emailed to authors by the end of April 2018 so that presenters have ample time to prepare for the – conference. This is a wonderful opportunity to share your work and receive valuable feedback from colleagues and stimulate the thinking of others in the field.
Please submit proposals to:
Nene Muthuri (Secretary) firstname.lastname@example.org
Willem Semmelink email@example.com