The 3rd IASYM European Conference will be held in Tallinn, Estonia on Wednesday, 11 April to Saturday, 14 April, 2012.
Theme: ‘Sustainable youth ministry: Research for post secular Europe’
Location: Theological Institute and Guesthouse of the Estonian Evangelical-Lutheran Church (EELC) and Guesthouse of the EELC Holy Ghost Congregation. Address: Pühavaimu 6, TALLINN, Estonia. Time zone: UTC +2
• Dr. Dzintra Ilisko, Associate Professor at Daugavpils Universiteit in Latvia. She will focus on ‘sustainable education’.
• Mgr. Frantisek Stech, Th.D, Lecturer of Fundamental Theology at University of South Bohemia in Ceske Budejovice. The title of his lecture is: Sustainable Youth Ministry in Europe – between Human and Divine.
• Dr. Pete Ward, Senior Lecturer in Youth Ministry and Theological Education at King’s College London. He will discuss a sustainable place of Bible in youth ministry?
• Conference fee, meals and accommodation (double, triple, or four- bed rooms): € 175
• Conference fee and meals (with the exception of breakfast) only: € 100 (Self-booked accommodation, see below)
Hotel Suggestions for those paying participation fee only:
(If you mention that you will be attending the IASYM conference when booking, you will receive a conference-member discount.)
Suur-Karja 17/19 10148 Tallinn
Booking: +372 680 6604 Tel: +372 680 6688 Fax: +372 680 6689
Taanilinna Hotell [one night in a single room € 52 – 54]
Uus 6, 10111 Tallinn, Estonia
Booking: +372 680 6604 Tel.: +372 640 6700 Fax: +372 680 6601
Hotell Bern [one night € 55 – 57] Aia 10, 10111 Tallinn Booking: +372 680 6604 Tel: +372 680 6630 Fax: +372 680 6631
Transportation in Tallin: We recommend taking a taxi from the airport to the conference venue. Tallink taxis are yellow and are available at the airport and the harbour and using them ensures that you are using an official taxi and not a pirate taxi. The price is between 9-12 EUR from the airpot to the old town. Taxis cannot drive the last 100 m to the Theological Institute or the Holy Spirit Congregation house, because this area is for pedestrians only. For further information see: www.tallinktakso.ee
Lunch on arrival day: If you need lunch on the first day, 11th April, we recommend two nice, but inexpensive restaurants (3-4 min walk from theological institute):
• Molly Malone: Mündi 2 see: www.mollymalones.ee
Eha Kraft: email@example.com (for practical information about hotel booking)
Ronelle Sonnenberg: firstname.lastname@example.org (for information about papers and contents)